New School Hall
We have some very exciting news to share! For some time now we have really wanted to extend our school hall the main reason being, so we can meet comfortably as a whole school. In addition, an extension to the hall will also allow us all the following:
- For us to host more parents and wider family into school assemblies / performances.
- To have two spaces to ensure the two-hour PE curriculum requirement is met all year round.
- To provide more opportunities for drama in the curriculum.
- To have a self-contained facility for lettings which alleviates current security issues.
- Revenue-generation opportunity for the school to enhance pupil provision.
- To create a community hub which will allow community-led events, e.g. parent services such as Home School Link worker, Parenting courses for local people.
- To create an additional facility to increase access to adult learning opportunities within the local community such as, English as a foreign language and other adult learning courses.
- To expand community facilities for children’s activities and clubs in school holidays.
The work on our new school hall will commence at the beginning of the summer holidays.
To pay for some of the extra fixtures and fittings we have launched a fundraising initiative which will mean those donating will not only be a part of St Anne’s community in spirit but part of the brick work too.
Please keep checking this page for more updates.
Mr Marek (Site Manager) has been busy clearing a path, to enable the studio to be removed over half term in preparation for the building work on the new school hall.
Tree Cutting - May 2023
Clearing the Space - September 2023
Old Hall Out of Action - October 2023
Cement being Poured - October 2023