St. Anne’s is a two-form entry Catholic School in the diocese of Arundel and Brighton and is part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust.
Our well-balanced and broad curriculum, based on Christian principles, ensures all children experience a sense of achievement which helps to develop their self-esteem. The close liaison amongst our dedicated and committed teachers, non-teaching staff, parent and other adult helpers ensures that the development of all children is fully supported and monitored.
With Christ at the centre of our lives, we live out our call to serve the young:
It is not enough to love children. They must know that they are loved.
Our mission is to ensure every member of our school community feels loved, and we do this by putting Christ at the heart and instilling five basic values:
At St. Anne’s Catholic Primary School we have a set of Aims to guide us. A great deal of care has been taken in their preparation, and they are central to all we do. We hope that everyone connected with the school will join with us in trying to achieve them. They are based on our Mission Statement.
We aim to:
- Provide a Christian education, which will result in a living faith and a close personal relationship with Christ.
- Deliver a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum, which will motivate and challenge each child to aim for excellence in all they do. The children will be encouraged to take a pride in their personal achievements while acquiring the skills and qualities of thought which will enable them to achieve their potential academically, physically and morally.
- Create a happy, trusting and caring environment in which all children have the opportunity to develop respect for others, tolerance, self-discipline and good working habits. Each child will be encouraged to become a confident, articulate, responsible and open-minded individual, willing and able to take their place in a multicultural society.
- Maintain excellent relationships with parents so that we may work together to provide the best for all children.
- Our whole ethos is based on the concept of respect. We aim to ensure that all who come in contact with us will be treated with care and respect, just as Jesus did.